OHIO NONVIOLENCE WEEK
Sunday October 4th: 3P
- 10th Annual Ohio Nonviolence Week Parade & Rally. Register here.
- Event Time: 3P
- Parade Location: begins at the corner of Wick Ave. and Wood Street /
- Rally Location: Outdoors at Covelli Centre parking lot following parade.
- How can a person can register to be in the parade? Click here.
- This year, out of an abundance of precaution, this is a parade of vehicles, and we ask that people stay in their cars for the rally. More details will be provided about how you can hear the rally over the radio.
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/447659842776247/
Monday, Oct. 4 through Friday, Oct. 8th:
- Five Day Nonviolence/Social Justice reading challenge
- The Challenge asks participants to make daily time and space to learn more about the principles of nonviolence and how the community can stand in solidarity and speak up against violence.
- Participants who have signed up for the challenge will receive daily reading material via email to help foster their understanding and awareness. The 5 day challenge will be held from October 4- 8 and will end with a panel discussion (held via zoom) with our community leaders on October 9. Visit http://ohiononviolenceweek.org/fivedaychallenge to sign up for the readings.
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/592885314611058/
Monday October 5th: 6-9P
- “Mingle With Minni” Zoom event, Basket Raffle, Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
- Pick-up Location: Flambeau’s | 2308 Market St., Youngstown, 44507 |
- Dinner Cost: $12/dinner | Carry-out only
- Basket Raffle: $10 for raffle tickets
- For tickets call: Sandy (330) 953-7822 or Vicki (330) 743-1109
or visit: http://ohiononviolenceweek.org/shop/
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/473804969994114/
Tuesday October 6th: 7P-830P
- 6p Simeon Booker Award for Courage via Zoom.
- Local recipient of Simeon Booker Award for Courage – TBA
- National Recipient: of Simeon Booker Award for Courage – Joan Trumpauer Mulholland
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/492676921628329/
Wednesday October 7th: 6P
- A Day of Rest
- As an advocate and activist for nonviolence, taking time away from the endless stream of negative news reports, attacking inbox messages, and social media arguments can give you space to figure out how you’re actually feeling during a time where an unbelievable amount of tenacity and, well, work is needed and the necessary abundance of energy is not always readily available.
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/572366836878650/
Thursday October 8th: 430P-7P:
- Nonviolence Poetry Slam: Speak Your Peace
- Poet Orlando Watson, will perform original works.
- Will be broadcast via Facebook.
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/449009849319262/
Friday October 9th: 12P Panel Discussion
- Location: Virtual, Via Zoom
- Panelists: Dr. Ben McGee / Dr. Carol Bennett / Terry Vicars / Ke’Lynn Dean.
- Moderator: Leah Merritt
- Zoom Meeting Info:
- Meeting ID: 833 3733 4291
- Passcode: 279413
- Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/2495430077250020/