Date: Sun. Oct 3 | Time: 3P | Location: West & Wood St., Downtown Youngstown | Parade: Register here.
How can a person can register to be in the parade? Click here.
This year, out of an abundance of precaution, this is a parade of vehicles, and we ask that people stay in their cars for the rally. More details will be provided about how you can hear the rally over the radio.
Steeped in our current societal woes, the Ohio NonViolence Week committee follows in the path laid before us by those torchbearers in the faith. With our annual Parade & Rally for peace, justice and equality for all people. Dr. King’s six principles of NonViolence are embedded deeply within this cause.
We are challenged to share the principles – especially in todays society and climate, with all who will embark on this way of life. It requires bold action, now, to stand against bigotry, intolerance, hatred and racism. We must choose now to stand on the right side of history and be a voice to those who have been silenced.
- PRINCIPLE ONE: Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people
- PRINCIPLE TWO: Nonviolence seeks to win friendship and understanding.
- PRINCIPLE THREE: Nonviolence seeks to defeat injustice not people.
- PRINCIPLE FOUR: Nonviolence holds that suffering can educate and transform.
- PRINCIPLE FIVE: Nonviolence chooses love instead of hate.
- PRINCIPLE SIX: Nonviolence believes that the universe is on the side of justice.
Register to stand with us now. Click here.